Just got back from New York -- Part 2: How'd it go?

Me and Jermaine Dupri at Columbia

CURRENT LOCATION: Back at my house in Northbrook, Illinoissssss

So I just got back from the Bulls game -- helping out my little brother Alec with our previous venture, ONtheCOURTSports. I'd like to thank Chris Paul for hookin' it up tonight.

In the previous blog post I was focused on the Enuff story and didn't get a chance to thank my people--so right now I'd like to thank Vince Lawrence of Slang Music Group and Heavy Hitter DJ Boogie Boy for taking me out to the east coast and showing me what's good. Boogie, you're a beast! Being so green, it's really an honor to be put on the scene so quickly.

I’d also like to thank everybody we met with at the labels – I would name you all, but I wouldn’t know how to place an order on it! :-/ I appreciate you taking the time to hear my team and me out. Now all I need is a chance because I know once I get a chance, whatever it is, I can smash it! Special thanks goes out to Michael Blatter for taking time out of his busy schedule to meet with us at Mirrorball. And one last thanks to my dude over at HOT 97, DJ Enuff, for opening his arms with hospitality and showing us how New York gets down… I appreciate the shoutouts and all the love!

I have never been so confident in my team and surroundings then I am right now… Now, it ’s time to start doing shows. I just got booked for a couple different gigs random stuff like youth events in the C-H-I, fraternity partiesssss at IU, and ummz... opening for THE GAME. March 24th, 2009 in B-Town. Be there! Shoutout to fam Joby Wright over at BFA on the hook-up.

Boogie and Vince think that Elvis is more likely to hit the stage than I am -- I'm gonna get 'em back for all the hotel humor they gave me for not doing shows yet. 

So get ready to put your KICKS IN THE AIR! You'll know what that means in a few months, but in the meantime be sure to buy your freshest pair of NIKE’s because we’re about to get down like thatttt -- especially if you get the chance to see me perform! Speaking of, I'm going shopping for some kicks tomorrow. I guess when you have 50+ pairs of "sneakers", as my boys on the East Coast Strom and Stein would say, a few more can't hurt.

I’m pretty sure new music is on its way too! which is exciting because no matter how essential “Go Down and Show” has been to my young career, I’m excited to see what people have to say about some of this other stuff that’s been on repeat in my car for the last couple weeks.

So until next time, “get all mixed up with a Dixie cup” and get ready to meet a “Super Fly Guy".

“See No Limits. Hear No Limits."

-JQ

No comments: