Missing School... Do they give me credit for hours I spend in the lab?

I sure hope so. I'm too lazy and tired to find a picture or something else to entertain you mutha fuckas. Actually, wait one sec.

There ya go.  One of my girls was imitating this on the phone today... Imagine a Romanian girl with her sexy European accent trying to say, "The back of your head is ridiculous" in ebonics -- haha, it's to die for. I'll try and get a video of her doing it... Don't say nothing.

I apologize for not getting on here sooner. Everything has been C R A Z Y! I'm going to pull one of those, "I didn't have time" things on ya -- ya know when somebody was like, "Well... I just didn't have time... I had to ____, ____, ____, and _____ and then ______, _______, and _____." I mean sometimes it's legit, but all bullshit aside I shoulda come on here for five minutes each and everyday and given you guys some love. It's aight though because there aren't many followers yet hahaha. Am I supposed to tell you that? (Although I must be doing something right because I got a text at 7:04 in the morning a couple days ago saying,

"Jake! Okay I'm sorry if this woke u but I'm sure ur up anyways cause u always are... (she was right, I was -- "Ain't No Rest for the Best" y'all) So I haven't been able to sleep and not even realizing it but for the past hour I've been reading your blog!!" So this one's for you Jen lmao - thanks for the love)

So anyway, my schedule has really been crazy like the ones above that people exaggerate the shit out of as if everybody wasn't damn busy. But you can fill all those blanks in with STUDIO TIME. I think most artists except those "crazy freestyling dudes that can release like 25 mixtapes and 8 albums in 2009" -- yeah, I'm talking to you Charles Hamilton, you're a beast -- spend a good chunk of time on their mixtape...

Like a month or month and half in the studio. It's quite the process: getting the right people to work on it from producers to features to hosts, DJ's, and drops, creating all the song concepts, putting together all the beats... While that list seems short, it's just the beginning -- the photoshoot, the funding, the cover, the manufaturing, the distribution, the publicity. It's the whole nine. I hope we're able to hit everything -- our budget's tight, then again whose isn't? We're in it to win. period.

And at this stage in the game, that's exactly what we're gonna do. Hard work usually pays off, but with music, I mean sometimes you can spend a shitload of time in the studio and still come up with some huff shitttt... I mean, think of how many FULL "ridickilous" expensive label-backed albums COMPLETELY flop.

But right now, hard work does pay off and the music is sounding like it should. I'd give you guys a preview, but I wanna save it all until the official release date -- still to be announced.

Back to this hard work thing, for those that do wanna know what it takes to make it in the music game... Here have been my studio hours this week (which will in the end start to finish have been all the recordings you here on the mixtape):

Tuesday 6 P.M. - 5 A.M. (in which I got a $150 ticket at 4 in the morning for parkig in the alley
Wednesday 6 P.M. - 7 A.M. (in which I got in a car crash on the way to the stu writing lyrics to the second verse of a song on the mixtape called "Superstar")
Thursday 6 P.M. - 8:30 A.M.
Friday 6:30 P.M. - 6:30 A.M.

NOTE: This is not a mastercard commercial even if all that time, dollars, and conflicts will in the end be THE OFFICIAL BURBETTO MIXTAPE -- which, yeah, is priceless.

I'm exhausted... Now. Time for bed... I leave you on one note:

People wanna know what the fuck I'm about, you can tell 'em the hottest mixtape on the planet just came out.

This is my path I am creating to live my own destiny and fortune. My vision is clear and my determination is unstoppable. I am <>UNDENIABLE<>

Man... Who wants to read a blog about some dude who is just talking shit all the time? I promise I'll shut the fuck up after the mixtape comes out and let y'all do the talkin' for me. Aight? Deal.

Until then, THIS THAT NEW SHIT.

"See No Limits. Hear No Limits."

-JQ

No comments: