Am I a Head?

Ronaldo sports his medal with the original Mercurial R9 cleats hanging from his neck

CURRENT LOCATION:  My basement

"Sometimes people" ask me if I'm a shoe head...  I don't know if I'm a shoe head, but I do know I collect shoes.  I don't follow it or anything; I don't care how much they are or if they're rare or not...  To me, it's all about the look.  Back to the music comparison, it's like a beat.  I've paid $100 for beats that are sick and $4000 for beats that don't bring the heat -- there's no formula.  You just gotta do you.

I showed one of my boys the shoes I got and he was like, "How do you know they're dope if you don't know anything about them except what kinda Nike they are and their color?" -- So I decided to do some research.

SimplySneakers.com and NiceKicks.com (official article click here) filled me in:

"The Nike Dunk Low Mercurial brings the colors of the original Mercurial, which inaugurated a new era in real shoes for soccer in 1998, and lines that evoke the sole and traces of leather and comes to stores in June [2008].  The shoes will sell for about $125.  Like the top tiered soccer cleats, these Dunks also feature Zoom Air. "

It sounds like these original Mercurial R9 cleats were a part of the soccer great Ronaldo's bringing of a new generation to the game of soccer:  one filled with "game striking fear" and "off-the-field antics".  I have chosen to wear the shoes I was given yesterday at my first show one week from today to symbolize the way in which I plan to start a new era and movement in music.

Get ready to "fall into my drumline"

"See No Limits. Hear No Limits."

-JQ

No comments: