It's a "One Man Show"

CURRENT LOCATION: X202 Technology in Business

Yeah, I'm in class. Fuck it! At least I'm writing at a sane hour unlike my other post or my good friend Nikki Lynette's blog (Sitting Up Naked with Insomnia -- Currently a seven part series! lol)

Anyway, I'm mad ready... I hope Bloomington is too. It sucks being an opener -- having to worry about whether or not people are gonna be there in time to see your performance. Actually, I'm not worried about it... I can't... Cuz in the end, I can't control it. It's gonna be what it's gonna be.

Earl Nightingale taught me not to worry through his analogy of worrying to fog (The Fog of Worry). He says, "A dense fog covering seven city blocks, to a depth of 100 feet, is composed of something less than one glass of water." His analogy goes on to state that worrying needs to be put in its place; while it can blind an entire city, so few times can we actually control the outcome we are worrying about. If we can't control the outcome, than we have no reason to worry. And if we can, then we need to stop worrying and go out and do something about it.

I've seen a lot of concerts -- all genres. Lots. I get bored. I don't know why... I could love the artist, love the music, love the band, and bam! halfway through the show I'm bored off my ass wondering if it's his or her or their final song. These experiences, being the ultimate concert critic, have really helped me design my show. 

Without having a budget for my props, people, and giveaways, I am really impressed with what my team has been able to do. I'm an individual with very high expectations so despite being confident, if it's not perfect, I'm usually not impressed or proud. For example, when I show people new songs, sometimes I'll fast forward 3 minutes into the song to the only part I think is "perfect".

The thing about tonight is, it doesn't have to be "perfect". As I learned from the Robert Ringer book I read last week, it's always better to hope for the best, but assume for the worst. So far as I assume, there will be zero people there when I'm naked on stage. Oh, I didn't tell you I'm getting naked on stage? Well, I guess you'll see a video soon enough!

Thank you for joining me because without you, the One Man Show isn't possible.

"See No Limits. Hear No Limits."

-JQ

Told ya I was getting naked.

P.S. Fuck the dude that kicked my clothes underneath the table and fucked up my go-go dancers routine. I'm sorry girls.

No comments: